IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine for my elderly mother

2»

Comments

• mrcactus
    mrcactus Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    mrcactus said:
    PPC - Private Parking Company.

You've not yet read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST?  Top of this forum.

Which PPC?
    I glanced over it, but admit I didn't read it properly  :|

It was Premier Parking
    No such company.
    Premier Park (my bad reading)

The address to pay to is: Premier Park Ltd, PO Box 624, Exeter, EX1 9JG
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    mrcactus said:
    Premier Park (my bad reading)

The address to pay to is: Premier Park Ltd, PO Box 624, Exeter, EX1 9JG
    .... which you won't be needing!
  • mrcactus
    mrcactus Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Posted on my original thread as I didn't know I was not meant to start a new one.

Follow on from my previous post a few weeks ago - my mum is still getting parking fines through the post for an area she doesn't even live in. Her number plate has been cloned and someone is driving around in the same car, colour make etc and now a letter arrived last week saying that if the fine is not paid then debt collection action will commence.

We have been to our local police station to report it and called the police force closest to where these fines are occurring and they have logged it and we have a crime/incident number.

My question is, what happens if the bailiffs turn up at her house? We just don't know what to do at this point. Thank you
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    My question is, what happens if the bailiffs turn up at her house? We just don't know what to do at this point. Thank you
    You won't get bailiffs turning up unless your mother has been sued through the court, she loses there, she doesn't pay the amount awarded against her by the judge by the date on which it has to be paid - and then it needs to be an award of more than £600.  Totally in her control ...... in the vanishingly unlikely event of Premier Park being daft enough to chance their arm to sue. 

Sleep easy on that front!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 January at 6:53PM
    No-one has received any fines if all she's getting is private PCNs. Don't let your Mum think these are fines, unless she's received Local Authority PCNs?

It's vital to list here what she's received and from whom.  Because bailiffs can come as a result of real penalties, she can't ignore real PCNs from the Police or LAs, which need an urgent, proper appeal.

The incident number must be supplied to ALL those firms writing to her.  Surely some of the photos show a slight difference in the tyres, bumper, rear lights or stickers in the windows?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback