IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Council parking ticket. Friend let off but I haven’t been

Hi

looking for some specific advice. I have been given a council parking ticket for parking at the local park. I was all paid up. Arrived and left at the same time as my friend and parked right next to oneanother. We were cited for not parking between the bays. The car park uses the t-lines in the corners of the bays to save money on paint. It was an autumn day and the lines were covered by the leaves. We both appealed as we couldn’t see the lines and had no idea. My friend was let off his, with the letter agreeing that the lines were covered. The letter I received conceded the lines were obscured but stated it was my responsibility to park within the designated bay. I have since written back saying it strange one of us was let off and one of us was not - yet they are steadfastly upholding the PCN. The ticket is only £25 (obviously doubling soon) but the principle of this doesn’t sit right with me. I’d rather know whether I’m likely to be let off if I go to the independant adjudicator or not or whether there is another route.

thanks. 

B

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,425
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes you are likely to win.

Wait for the NTO to arrive in the post in the coming weeks, and then repeat your appeal with the photo evidence that I presume you got.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback