IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Used POPLA and findings don’t tally with what I said

I got a pcn for parking in a pub car park. The touch pad wasn’t letting me key in my reg - it took several attempts. I told popla this when I appealed because I knew I had bought a ticket and thought the machine had a tech problem 

I lodged the appeal

Then I found the ticket in my car! (It had fallen off the dashboard) and saw two of the characters were wrong. I included a photo with my follow up to popla on what the parking company were saying - they said I hadn’t paid and sent a list of other cars’ registration numbers to prove their keypad wasn’t faulty.

in the final decision POPLA  said that the parking company offered to reduce the fine to 20£ because of the keying error - they didn't! 

So now I must pay £100 - or do I?

can some kind and knowledgeable forumite give some guidance please? 

Company is ce-service.co.uk

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,290
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite

in the final decision POPLA  said that the parking company offered to reduce the fine to 20£ because of the keying error - they didn't! 
    Are you SURE that wasn't offered in the rejection letter?  Double check.

If not, obviously complain.  You know who to.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,988
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What happened when you complained to the landowner/pub manager/brewery CEO and your MP? That is always Plan A, and it is never too late to do so. Obviously tell the pub owners you and your family won't be going back if the charge isn't cancelled.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills