Investment and Savings advice and Education

Hello All,
I am in the process of a divorce after my husband lost A LOT of money in a scam. I discovered he has lost many tens of thousands on get-rich "schemes" over the years, he hasn't been forthcoming with the exact amounts . 
There is a house to sell but in today's market, I am unsure how much I will walk away with. Once the divorce is finalised I have a lot of catching up to build enough of a cushion to see me comfortable once I can no longer work. ( I am 55 at the moment). I managed to save some money but need that for peace of mind in case of any unforeseen expenses from the divorce.
Until then I would like advice on useful books, podcasts or even legitimate courses I could learn from, so I don't make stupid mistakes when the time comes. 
I am a bit nervous at the thought of essentially starting over with my finances. I see YouTube videos and people in forums and sometimes it looks "easy" with the right information BUT these are usually geared towards younger people and mainly USA based advices. 
Is there any hope for me?
Thanks so much.

Freeway

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills