IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim Form received from DCB Legal

Hello All

Thank you for this incredible resource helping us to tackle the parking parasites.

I this month (Dec 23) received a Claim Form for an alleged parking offense that took place in May 2019.

At the time my vehicle was parked on an industrial estate where my then husband owned an office building. The parking space was included with the building he owned, as stated in the deeds. So my then husband owned the parking space. I have stated this in my defense.

DCB Legal claim that my vehicle was 'not clearly displaying a valid permit'.

It was so long ago I can't honestly remember what the permit situation was. I have stated that I had one and I can't remember where it was.

I'm attaching the claim form (pg 1) and the section of my defense that is personal to me. If anybody has time to have a look at it and indicate anywhere that could be improved before I send it off I'd be very grateful. Particularly I'm not sure about para 2. I've cut and pasted it from the template and not sure if I need to make any further alternations other than the addition of the word driver (as instructed).

I have already completed the Acknowledgement of Service via MCOL. I was away travelling and didn't see the Claim Form until the 14 days had already expired, but MCOL seemed to accept my AoS so hopefully that's OK.

with much gratitude

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,144
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello and welcome.

With a Claim Issue Date of 7th December, you had until close of business today to file an Acknowledgment of Service. For the moment I'll assume that an Acknowledgment of service was filed in time, but please confirm.

With a Claim Issue Date of 7th December, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 9th January 2024 to file your Defence.

That's nearly two weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • KeithP said:
    Hello and welcome.

With a Claim Issue Date of 7th December, you had until close of business today to file an Acknowledgment of Service. For the moment I'll assume that an Acknowledgment of service was filed in time, but please confirm.

With a Claim Issue Date of 7th December, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 9th January 2024 to file your Defence.

That's nearly two weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.

Hello KeithP
    Thanks so much for getting back to me.
    Oh I see, 14 working days. Then yes I definitely did file the AoS in time. I submitted it yesterday, 27 Dec.
    I hope to submit my defence this week if possible.
    Thanks for any further feedback you may have. Much gratitude.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,479
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 29 December 2023 at 3:14AM
    Change 'offence' (twice) to event, because these are not fines or offences.

Add that:

Any permit was merely displayed as a courtesy (not an obligation) and the parking space was included with the building the family owned, as stated in the deeds. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Change 'offence' (twice) to event, because these are not fines or offences.

Add that:

Any permit was merely displayed as a courtesy (not an obligation) and the parking space was included with the building the family owned, as stated in the deeds. 

Thank you very much.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,957
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I would remove your comment about not being sure where the permit was displayed. It WAS displayed; it's the claimant's job to prove it wasn't.  Don't do their job for them! 
  • Le_Kirk said:
    I would remove your comment about not being sure where the permit was displayed. It WAS displayed; it's the claimant's job to prove it wasn't.  Don't do their job for them! 

Ok, thanks very much. I also wondered about that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback