PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Should I put the house back on the market if the buyer doesnt get a survey soon?

For all I know they are still looking elsewhere and Im wasting my time with poor commiters. They are a cash buyer, using the sale of their house to fund their purchase of mine. The house is vacant and I am not looking for another house to buy. The chain is 4 long. 

I instructed my conveyancer 23 days ago, I thought it was standatd practice to immediately get a survery?

On my EA's portal it shows the following:

Thankyou.

Comments

• Slumbershade
    Slumbershade Posts: 667
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 December 2023 at 2:23AM
    The property, although in an ok state is 150 years old, so I cannot imagine anyone skimping on a survey!
    They also made 3 offers, the final one was just about alright. But that means nothing really, just trying their luck to see if I'm desperate innit.
  • MultiFuelBurner
    MultiFuelBurner Posts: 2,745
    Forumite
    edited 28 December 2023 at 2:46AM
    Oh the portal says that's where it's at?

What does your solicitor actually say from their mouth?

Be aware though once a survey is carried out on the 150 year old property that's when reduced offers are made.

Things tend to go slower in December due to Christmas and New Year.
    "I can lead you to the money saving well but cannot make you drink from it"

As mum always said "don't respond to imbeciles just ignore them" wise words mum 
  • Using the sale proceeds doesn't make them a cash buyer really though, they still need to sell theirs before they can buy the next.

It's not standard practice to immediately get a survey, that would only be done once someone's very certain they want the property and have received a mortgage offer,(if applicable), to pay out for a survey ahead of the offer doesn't make financial sense.

Don't take a property off the market as soon as an offer's made, that's just jumping the gun and setting yourself up for disappointment.
    With the process only being that far along i'd not start getting hopeful yet and try not to let emotion take first place in your head - keep it being marketed and reign in your eagerness, certainly until a survey is completed.

• user1977
    user1977 Posts: 13,269
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    housebuyer143 said:
    Have they applied for the searches yet for your property? 
    No, according to the info above.

Also bear in mind surveys can have a backlog before the surveyor has an appointment available, and nothing much happens over the holidays (so "23 days ago" really means at best 17 days ago) - for many people, normal service isn't going to resume until 8 January.
  • We sold our 100+ year old house to a cash buyer who didn't have a survey. We thought them to be nuts to be honest, but weren't mad about it.
  • Slumbershade
    Forumite
    edited 18 January at 8:20PM
    Using the sale proceeds doesn't make them a cash buyer really though, they still need to sell theirs before they can buy the next.

It's not standard practice to immediately get a survey, that would only be done once someone's very certain they want the property and have received a mortgage offer,(if applicable), to pay out for a survey ahead of the offer doesn't make financial sense.

Don't take a property off the market as soon as an offer's made, that's just jumping the gun and setting yourself up for disappointment.
    With the process only being that far along i'd not start getting hopeful yet and try not to let emotion take first place in your head - keep it being marketed and reign in your eagerness, certainly until a survey is completed.

Thanks, and damnit. I was told here in the previous thread before that once I accepted an offer I should take it off the market!
  • Oh the portal says that's where it's at?

What does your solicitor actually say from their mouth?

Be aware though once a survey is carried out on the 150 year old property that's when reduced offers are made.

Things tend to go slower in December due to Christmas and New Year.
    WIll have to wait till 2nd to find out more info, I already asked that they havnt received any survery enquiries though
  • Slumbershade
    Forumite
    edited 28 December 2023 at 3:14PM
    Please someone let me know whether I have made a huge mistake  taking it off the market. I should not have taken it off until theve done the survey in future, or if they have prrof of funds if crazily choose not to do a survey?

The memorandum of sale was put out, just had the EA say that it has to be listed as STC at that point.. is this true?

Will wait til next week for more info anyway
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure