IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Horizon Parking PCN 'Reminder' Received, But Original PCN Not Sent

I received a Reminder letter from Horizon Parking regarding a PCN that I’d never received. As I’d missed the 14 day deadline, the charge had increased from £40 to £70. I made a Service Access Request to DVLA who confirmed that Horizon Parking received my contact details on the date that the Reminder letter was sent, confirming that the original PCN was never sent.

I am aware that others have had the same experience, but I don't know the full scale of this issue. My objective is to ensure that each and every one impacted by this (presumed) breakdown in process is refunded and potentially compensated. I'm looking for help and advice on how to move this forward.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,479
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I received a Reminder letter from Horizon Parking regarding a PCN that I’d never received. As I’d missed the 14 day deadline, the charge had increased from £40 to £70. I made a Service Access Request to DVLA who confirmed that Horizon Parking received my contact details on the date that the Reminder letter was sent, confirming that the original PCN was never sent.

I am aware that others have had the same experience, but I don't know the full scale of this issue. My objective is to ensure that each and every one impacted by this (presumed) breakdown in process is refunded and potentially compensated. I'm looking for help and advice on how to move this forward.
    Report that (and evidence it) to the BPA.

Can you show us that evidence too please?

Reminder notice showing date

DVLA response showing date
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback