IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN received after 14 days

Hello,

I received a parking fine from SABA for failing to pay for parking at Ickenham Station car park. The parking offence happened on the 6th November but I didn’t receive the letter until 22nd November. I appealed on this basis but it was refused as they claim they sent the letter on 15th November.

If I appeal to Popla, does anyone know what my chance of winning is? I don’t want to risk going to court.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,049
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hopefully you appealed as the vehicle's keeper and the parking company do not know who was driving.

In that case, this is easily winnable.

There is no way that they can transfer any driver's liability to the keeper because this car park is covered by railway byelaws.

Confirmation that it is subject to TfL Byelaws as from November 2014:-
    www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/tube_station_car_parks_2
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,144
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello,

I received a parking fine from SABA for failing to pay for parking at Ickenham Station car park. The parking offence happened on the 6th November but I didn’t receive the letter until 22nd November. I appealed on this basis but it was refused as they claim they sent the letter on 15th November.

If I appeal to Popla, does anyone know what my chance of winning is? I don’t want to risk going to court.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    100% easy win.  You can't get easier.

Don't tell us, the PCN is for £127 like the one shown in the NTK pictures thread?

If not please show both sides.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oh dear... SABA citing PoFA for a charge on non-relevant land. A complaint to the BPA should also be initiated.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,053
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    There's a name showing on the NTK.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,144
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 December 2023 at 2:41PM
    Here's a redacted copy.

I redacted dates too (was posted to reach the OP by day 11):

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks all, I have submitted a POPLA appeal and a BPA complaint. Will let you know how I get on.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback