IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine from Civil Enforcement - never received first letters

Hi all, I have received a PCN from Civil Enforcement dated 27th May, I never received the original letters and now have received a letter saying it has been passed to debt collector.  I completed their appeals process and used the template in the FAQ, and the response I received was:

RESPONSE FROM REPRESENTATIONS TEAM

We refer to your recent correspondence. However, as set out clearly on the parking charge notice, it is now too late to make an appeal/representation against this PCN.

Please find attached your photographic evidence as requested. Please find attached a copy of the signage erected throughout the car park advising drivers of the terms and conditions in place. The legal basis for the ticket we have issued to you is 'Contract Law'.

By parking in the car park where our signs clearly display the terms and conditions of parking, you consented, by your actions (ie parking your car on the site), to be bound by such terms and the payment is now due.

We have no record of a payment made for the above vehicle registration on the day in question. The Parking Charge remains valid as the ticket was correctly issued in accordance with the terms and conditions stated.

This Parking Charge Notice has been passed on to a Debt Recovery Agent. All further queries, including payments, must be directed to them. P

lease follow the instruction on the correspondence you have received. Yours faithfully, Civil Enforcement Ltd

Now I have tried to read the information and I am not 100% sure where I stand. They enclosed 2 photos of my car and another of the sign.  The photos of my car are dated 27th May 2023 and the photo of the sign is dated 19th December 2022.

I have not admitting to being the driver (I actually wasn't) I am just the keeper of the vehicle.

I don't have the original letter as mentioned and the most recent one they sent me I have binned once I started the appeals process.

I have no intention if paying, is a kind soul able to advise the next best course of action please?

Comments

• JerryJ64
    JerryJ64 Posts: 114
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    jwalsh82 said:

Now I have tried to read the information and I am not 100% sure where I stand. They enclosed 2 photos of my car and another of the sign.  The photos of my car are dated 27th May 2023 and the photo of the sign is dated 19th December 2022.

I have not admitting to being the driver (I actually wasn't) I am just the keeper of the vehicle.

I don't have the original letter as mentioned and the most recent one they sent me I have binned once I started the appeals process.

I have no intention if paying, is a kind soul able to advise the next best course of action please?
    Please read the Newbies/FAQ thread for all the answers to your questions. Have you tried Plan A?

Way too late for Plans B and C so you're waiting to see if they go for Plan C which is where a judge decides whether you owe any alleged debt.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,209
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    See the 4th post of the NEWBIES FAQS thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you for your help.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure