IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Stansted mcdon court claim form

Hi there 

I got a MET parking PCN charge last year in May 2022 as I was going to airport but there was an incident on M11 which I have proof of pictures therefore I couldn’t make it on time for my flight.

I rebooked new flight for 2 hours later so I went to McDonald’s parked the car unaware of any restriction as when you drive in you just look where to turn . I parked in for 147 minutes as I thought it’s 3hours grace time for using Starbucks and McDonald’s (by the way it was Starbucks park- completely empty) but it was only 60min apparently.

PCN shows front and back of my car at 2 different time just as you turn towards McDonald’s drivethrough.

I ignore all the letters ever since and I just got claim form totalling 275£ to pay or defence myself . I don’t believe I should pay a whole I would like to file a defence 

Any help much appreciated in what I should write down 

It’s very poor signage there and I was already stressed at the time and paid 100£ for new flight ( I know that’s not an excuse)

PS I was always told very rarely them private companies take court action hmm 

Comments

• JerryJ64
    JerryJ64 Posts: 114
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Whatever you do, do not identify the driver. All defence is to be made as the registered keeper of the vehicle. MET have no idea of the drivers identity, even if they had a clear CCTV image as they have nothing to compare that image to. As this location is on airport land covered by bylaws, PoFA does not apply and so the registered keeper cannot be held liable for the charge, only the driver, and they have no idea who that is. No assumptions can be made.

You must read the second post of Newbies/FAQ thread carefully on what you now need to do. First question is... what is the "issue date" on your claim form?
  • I know I have to do AOS but after that I am bit unsure how to do defence as it’s for overstayed . It’s dated 7th of Dec so I have until 25th to do AOS 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I know I have to do AOS but after that I am bit unsure how to do defence as it’s for overstayed . It’s dated 7th of Dec so I have until 25th to do AOS 

With a Claim Issue Date of 7th December, you have until Thursday 28th December to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 9th January 2024 to file your Defence.
    That's four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute. 
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • Hi I have done AOS online and also sent CPR 31.14 request to solicitors . I will work on defence now . Does anyone has a template defence as I guess in my case I have to go for not being the driver on the day I don’t know hmm 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
     Does anyone has a template defence...
    Surely you have found the template Defence thread?
    You are directed there from the second post of the NEWBIES thread and my earlier post gave you a link to that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback