Right to cancel

August 12,I purchased a bed,mattress and headboard which were delivered next day.At the same time I paid for two bedside drawer sets  for £200 which I was told would take two weeks to deliver.The approximate delivery date was on my invoice and I was fine with the wait.September 14,still no sign so I phoned the shop.I was informed someone had forgotten to place my order and it would be another two weeks before delivery.I was a little annoyed but it wasn't the end of the world.October 20,still no sign-shop said they were still awaiting the drawers.I was getting a little annoyed but held off until November 14.Still no drawers so at this point I asked for a refund which was refused.I have now been contacting the shop almost every day,by phone,by email and by personal visits of my daughter..A refund is still being refused-they just keep saying they're on the way.I think I've been more than patient-I spent almost £2500 altogether with the shop and the service has been appalling.I don't want to go through Small Claims-I have a terminal illness and can't face any extra stress.I paid by debit card and thought I may be able to use the chargeback scheme-for some reason my bank wants  the shop to acknowledge they're at fault which obviously they're not prepared to do.I've contacted Trading Standards but all they can suggest are either small claims or chargeback so that's no use.Any suggestions?

Comments

• Contact your bank again and pursue the chargeback.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 13,575
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    hecate said:
    August 12,I purchased a bed,mattress and headboard which were delivered next day.At the same time I paid for two bedside drawer sets  for £200 which I was told would take two weeks to deliver.The approximate delivery date was on my invoice and I was fine with the wait.September 14,still no sign so I phoned the shop.I was informed someone had forgotten to place my order and it would be another two weeks before delivery.I was a little annoyed but it wasn't the end of the world.October 20,still no sign-shop said they were still awaiting the drawers.I was getting a little annoyed but held off until November 14.Still no drawers so at this point I asked for a refund which was refused.I have now been contacting the shop almost every day,by phone,by email and by personal visits of my daughter..A refund is still being refused-they just keep saying they're on the way.I think I've been more than patient-I spent almost £2500 altogether with the shop and the service has been appalling.I don't want to go through Small Claims-I have a terminal illness and can't face any extra stress.I paid by debit card and thought I may be able to use the chargeback scheme-for some reason my bank wants  the shop to acknowledge they're at fault which obviously they're not prepared to do.I've contacted Trading Standards but all they can suggest are either small claims or chargeback so that's no use.Any suggestions?
    As it's over 15 0r 30 days.
    As you have chased the co, there is not reason for bank wanting "Fault" info.

They do the chargeback on the basis of your information. Retailer then has their chance to reject. 

If bank keep saying no, then raise a complaint.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure