IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Keeper's or Registered Keeper's Address

Hello,
The Newbies thread mentions that an individual can reply to a parking Charge Notice as the 'Keeper' rather than the 'Registered Keeper', but should he/she do so, where his/her address and that of the registered keeper is the same?
The individual will be dealing with any follow up from the parking company in any event.
Thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 1 December 2023 at 12:35PM
    There's no reason why not.

Do you have a parking issue you would like help with?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,425
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A different person can't respond unless the rk has transferred liability.

Why are you trying to do this in a complicated way, by the sound if it?

Show us both sides of the NTK so we can see the wording and dates.  Cover the PCN ref, VRM, vehicle images and name & address and any QR Code.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD

• A different person can't respond unless the rk has transferred liability.

Why are you trying to do this in a complicated way, by the sound if it?

Because the rk worries unduly.

Show us both sides of the NTK so we can see the wording and dates.  Cover the PCN ref, VRM, vehicle images and name & address and any QR Code.

Copy NTK herewith. It is still within the 14 days of the parking event and there is still plenty of time to lodge the appeal.
    The standard template from the Newbies thread will be used for the initial complaint/appeal via the website, with a far more detailed account if it goes to the IAS.

Thank you for your help.

• Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Ah, Regent aren't even what I would call a parking firm.  I think they are an umbrella name smaller PPCs use.  See the Regent website, I recall seeing something on there touting for business once, as a 'name' (the way I read it).
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,999
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The 14 days is irrelevant. IPC operators normally give 21 days to appeal, not 28 which is the norm for BPA members.

If you are using the template in blue text (which must be from the person named on the NTK), you could add a one liner that the NTK is not PoFA compliant, therefore the RK cannot be held liable so they should pursue the driver instead.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • BikingBud
    BikingBud Posts: 1,658
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If you are invited to do something:

and you decide not to avail yourself of their very kind and hospitable offer what if anything are they able to rely upon after you say "cheers mate but no thanks!"

Mortgage: £200,000 (Sep 2021)                                      Initial MF date: Sep 2031 

Int Rate:
    1.19% fixed until Nov 2026 (8.5% follow on rate?)
    Cap+Int Repaid: £65100 (32%)  £80,704 (40%) £82468 (40.48%)£89507 (43%) £91267 (44.7%) £98,309 (48.02%)

Target MF date: Nov 2026  Current MF date: Dec 2029,  Nov 2029, Apr 2029, May 2029                                    
    Target Int Saving: £25,561 Current Int Saved: £12,350,   £13,421,  £16,991, £17,989, £18,699, £20,495

Overpayments suspended and surplus cash currently being diverted to high interest savings.
  • Ah, Regent aren't even what I would call a parking firm.  I think they are an umbrella name smaller PPCs use.  See the Regent website, I recall seeing something on there touting for business once, as a 'name' (the way I read it).

I agree, as its "website" states that "Regent Parking is an International Parking Community (IPC) accredited parking operator which sole purpose is to train, assist and help new start up operators starting in the UK parking industry."

Its Bio on the IPC website states that it "was created to help start-up operatorscome into the parking sector."

Fruitcake and BikingBud  -  I agree with both your comments.

Thank you to all.  Off to fill the online appeal form now.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2023 at 1:40PM
    I'd quote that and say you believe this site is run by a start-up operator which is not a BPA or IPC member.  As seen in the Regent website they appear to only exist in name as a 'training' entity with a KADOE link, seemingly as a way of bypassing the KADOE rules to get data for all and sundry (AOS member or not) and Regent Parking will not have a contract with the landowner nor any locus operandi in their own name because it seems they are not involved in ticketing at all.  Nor is the contract offered by Regent Parking despite their name appearing on signs.
  • Update: As was expected, the first appeal using the forum template was rejected by Regent.

Initial attempts within the timeframe to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (theIAS.org) were met with the following message:

“Your PCN or Registration Number has not been recognised. Please try again.

Please Note: If you have had your appeal rejected and you have been told to enter your appeal on this site but keep receiving this message; please contact the operator that issued the charge for assistance. 

The IAS will not have the information to assist you at this stage.”

As Regent does not appear to have any telephone lines manned by human operators, an email was sent to its appeals address, with copies to any other email addresses that possibly bore some relation to Regent, as well as a copy to the IAS and the IPC, advising of the problem.

A reply was received from   [email protected]   (not one of the email addresses originally sent to), the relevant sentence being:

“Due to the issues you are experiencing, we have reset the date which will allow you a further 21 days to appeal. Please try again, and let us know if you have further questions.”

Replies, basically just saying to contact the operator, were also received from the IPC and the IAS, arriving within a minute of each other, and with the body of the text matching word for word; the final sentences from each being:

“Finally, if your enquiry relates to our Code of Practice, this can be found by using the following link:

https://theipc.info/brandings/2/resources/documents/Code_of_Practice_v8.pdf

We hope you found this information useful.”

Brings new meaning to the word “independent”.

A rather lengthier appeal was lodged with the IAS, again with no real expectation of success, and yes, the appeal was dismissed.

Now, can anyone spot a flaw with the following sentence:

“The Operator’s relationship with the landowner has no bearing on this matter.”

Not sure it had no bearing in Parkingeye v Beavis.

• Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 7 February at 1:21AM
    Don't try IAS.

Regent aren't even a parking firm in my book; their website suggests they are an umbrella company for various ticketers.  And I think their directors are ex-Roxburghe, IIRC

You won't get a court claim off this odd bunch.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback