Cost of living payment missing

Hi, I didn't receive a cost of living payment in November. I filled in the missing payment form and they sent me a form that said it had been paid to me and gave me the last 4 digits of the account it was paid to. Well that account number did not have anything to do with me. My bank account number is totally different so it has been paid to the wrong account. There is no way to tell them. I have left notes in my journal only to be told that I need to contact the cost of living people directly as it's a different department. I have spent hours trying to phone universal credit, I have been cut of 4 times. When I have spoken to someone all they say is leave a message in your journal. I am going round in circles and it's so frustrating. Can anyone give me advice on what I can do?

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,300
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Have you left a message in your journal?  You need to give them a chance to look into it.  
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,812
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hubby and I haven't had ours yet but I am waiting till Novemer has ended before cobtating them
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,691
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 27 November 2023 at 8:21PM
    Did you leave the Journal message as in relation to "A payment". It's a disappointing response if so.

Do you recognise the account at all... partner's... old account? 

Seems quite curious... makes me even wonder if the claim they made the payment to you actually relates to someone else.

"Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback