Issues with HP

So I bought a headset from HP which was showing as coming with the charging base.
I have received it in damaged packaging and without the charging base.
I informed the HP of it. They said that they would investigate with the IT team if it was incorrectly marketed.

They then got back saying all was correct and they would send me the replacement and in the meantime, I had to send them back the wrong one.

Not having much faith with them I decided to hold on to the old one until the new one arrived.
The new one then arrives on Monday and is without the base again.

I contact them saying that if the situation is not resolved I will sell online the sapre one and will use these money to buy a base.
Then today they get back to me telling that I should not do it or they will bill me for it.

To add to the complocation, this item is a replacement for the faulty item I bought from Amazon which only works every other time.

As the Amazon item was bought a couple of months ago they have only agreed to such a late return at their sole discretion and they gave me one week time limit to return it.

As the item is still usable (even not to the extent I require) I am still using it until I get the correct replacement from HP for their headset item.

However, due to HP's repeat failures, the return slot for the Amazon headset returns (as well as the extra week they have agreed to expend them for) has now passed.

So if Amazon refuses to extend it again, I will suffer a loss of £49.99 which would be caused by HP's failures.
Also, why exactly am I supposed to spend time and money on making trips to the Post Office because HP keeps sending me the wrong item.

How likely are they to take me to court for the £128 if I tell them o bog off and sell the spare headset online (probably will ge tless than above but still enough to buy the charging base)?

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You cannot sell the spare headset, it's not yours to sell.

So you have to return the item to Amazon - you should go ahead and do that if they have time-boxed the return (you shouldn't leverage Amazon's return while HP cause the problem - its not Amazons fault here).

Is the HP price the same as others who sell the headset and base unit? Or is it possible the description if wrong and the price is the usual HP headset only price?

Sounds like you need to return everything to HP and find it elsewhere in any case...

• You’re really not doing yourself any favours by advising them you will sell it. Which you’re not entitled to do anyway. 
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 2,973
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Royal Mail will also collect parcels at no charge (when you book a slot) so you don't necessarily need to schlep to the Post Office.
  • Emmia said:
    Royal Mail will also collect parcels at no charge (when you book a slot) so you don't necessarily need to schlep to the Post Office.

This also oblidges you to stay at home all day and aklso hope you didn't neap in o the toilet or so at the time they turn up.
  • You’re really not doing yourself any favours by advising them you will sell it. Which you’re not entitled to do anyway. 

To be fair, they aren't entitled to waste my time and cause me financial losses by their incompetence.
  • LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 403
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 24 November 2023 at 10:06AM
    Was this purchase for personal use or business ?
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 2,973
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Emmia said:

This also oblidges you to stay at home all day and aklso hope you didn't neap in o the toilet or so at the time they turn up.
    They give a 2hour window for collection, provide the printed label if you need it and you can pick the day. I've never had a problem.

To be fair, they aren't entitled to waste my time and cause me financial losses by their incompetence.
    Then return both and get a refund. If you don’t trust them to provide accurate details on their website of the product, you have every right to reject (and get free postage to return, and as the items are faulty as not as described, a refund on any outbound postage). 

I’m confused in what you want - you paid for one product they sent you a replacement on the premise that you would return the first one. You are keeping both and want to sell the other one. Can you see why this may just aggravate the situation. 

As for returning it to a post office or arranging a collection - you have to be reasonable to make the product available for collection. If you paid for special delivery (I.e. a weekend day because you work weekdays and wouldn’t be home) then you can insist that they collect on a weekend. But if you just got standard 24 hour delivery, then you have to make reasonable adjustments to make the parcel available for collection. Having the choice to arrange pickup or to drop off the parcel is reasonable for a parcel of this size. Different story if it was a bulky item. But for a headset you’ve got two methods of returning them. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback