Tradesperson doesn't answer calls, messages of emails

A new door was fitted back in 2019. All was good until Jan 2021. The door will lock and unlock but the handle won't move.  The person came and sorted it out but the fault kept happening. Fast forward to 18th April 2022 it happened again yet again came to fix it, lasted until 30th April 2022. Again messaged to say it was broken and couldn't use the door he finally came on 7th Jan 2023. It broke yet again and to date I have sent text messages, Whattsapp message, Facebook message an email and a written letter, all with no reply. This is fire hazard as we only have 1 other exit entry door in our property and I have said this in all my communications. I don't know where to trun or what to do, please can someone help? 

Comments

• user1977
    user1977 Posts: 13,300
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Get someone else in to fix it? It doesn't sound like the sort of thing which is worth going legal about, and that's assuming you even have a case.
  • If it's a fire hazard, don't waste time trying to contact the fitter, get a local locksmith or window fitter to address it now.  Then worry about trying to recover any cost from the original fitter, if that's feasible.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 13,575
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What is the door made out of?
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts