EDF first bill

Moved from Scottish Power to EDF on 22nd October 2023 and I supplied readings as requested by EDF. I have seen on my on-line account at EDF / Essentials 3Yr Oct26 tariff pay monthly cash or cheque (I never enter into DD) an estimated bill of £1,176.38!!! Today is the 20 November and I have been with EDF 29 days and no pdf bill yet, just a wild estimated amount! Time to do a complaint to EDF?

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 11,973
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Can you give us the meter readings you have used please ?  Just wondering if you've mis read the meter

Dont waste your time with Customer Services go to 

[email protected]

Never pay on an estimated bill
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,720
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Moved from Scottish Power to EDF on 22nd October 2023 and I supplied readings as requested by EDF. I have seen on my on-line account at EDF / Essentials 3Yr Oct26 tariff pay monthly cash or cheque (I never enter into DD) an estimated bill of £1,176.38!!
    Estimates for a new customer will be based on what you told them your use is when you signed up with them.

If you have a smart meter or you give them meter readings just before they generate the monthly bill, then they will use those in your monthly bill and you will pay exactly what you use.

Today is the 20 November and I have been with EDF 29 days and no pdf bill yet, just a wild estimated amount! Time to do a complaint to EDF?
    Complain about what?

If your EDF account number starts A- then you get monthly billing.  However, your first bill may be just over a month to settle on a certain date and will be that date thereafter.   Typically, the bill arrives in pdf about 4 days after the smart meter read. e.g. if the bill is emailed on the 26th monthly, it will take a read of around the 22nd monthly.     If you have a smart meter then you do nothing but if you have an old meter then you diarise for the 22nd to give a manual meter read.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • an estimated bill of £1,176.38!!!
    I have been with EDF 29 days and no pdf bill yet
    Have you actually received a bill to that they’re requesting payment for yet or not?

If they haven’t sent a bill all you need to do at this stage is double check your initial readings are correct and wait, any estimates should be updated to actual use once they have the correct readings for the period. If the estimate figure is an actual bill then you’ll need to provide readings to EDF so they can re-issue the bill with actual figures instead of estimates.
    Moo…
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure