Shell to Octopus referral Reward act fast !!!

MultiFuelBurner
MultiFuelBurner Posts: 2,776
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 9 November 2023 at 4:09PM in Energy
I remember seeing here on this forum a few members recommending when the news broke that Shell customers would be moved to Octopus they should use a referral code now and earn £50.

I have just seen Martin Lewis repeat this out via ITV and X etc and really think he and the forum team here should thank members that bring these money saving ideas up and disappointed if they flog them as their own ideas without recognition.

Anyway a timely reminder get on moving to Octopus via a referral code immediately as once it's gets out through ML the loopholes are closed soon.
"I can lead you to the money saving well but cannot make you drink from it"

As mum always said "don't respond to imbeciles just ignore them" wise words mum 

Comments

• I have heard about people doing this.... Is it just me that gets stung with a £75 + £75 exit fee if I go ahead with moving  :( 
  • Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,042
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There's no point if you have exit penalties. But most people are on the SVT, these days, so it is £50 for very little effort.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,032
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I can highly recommend octopus 

Been with them since February and never had a single problem 

Set up my own DD based on what I used in the past 2 years, no argument 

I have now taken up their offer of Fixed Loyalty 12M

Can't go wrong 
  • MultiFuelBurner
    MultiFuelBurner Posts: 2,776
    Forumite
    edited 9 November 2023 at 4:54PM
    I have heard about people doing this.... Is it just me that gets stung with a £75 + £75 exit fee if I go ahead with moving  :( 
    Some suppliers wave the fee if you go back to their SVT before moving on. Asking doesn't cost you anything.

For the sake of completeness not if your fix is cheaper than the standard variable rate or Octopus flexible as it is called (still £50 cheaper than the price cap btw) let alone all the smart meter cheaper than SVT products they provide providing you have a smart meter....phew got that out hope that satisfies lol.

I think I am going to have to write several caveats in my signature for future use 
    "I can lead you to the money saving well but cannot make you drink from it"

As mum always said "don't respond to imbeciles just ignore them" wise words mum 
  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,672
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Surely it depends what fix that poster is on. If he is paying 21p a unit and 4p for gas he would be mental to move for the sake of fifty quid. 
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,120
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Anyone thinking of transferring to Shell and then get a referral and switching to Octopus :wink:
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,658
    Forumite
    There are quite a few of us already with Octopus, if you have any questions.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Another to vouch for them, and they have a good track record of honouring promises (such as the referral codes - even did during the 'we're in a crisis, don't switch!!' period). 

But of course they could add in a condition to not accept customers from suppliers they're about to take over, at any time.
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,112
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Community Admin
    For the benefit of new Forumites please be aware that sharing of referral links or codes is not permitted on this forum via public post or private message.
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to [email protected]
  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,672
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 10 November 2023 at 10:20AM
    MSE_James said:
    For the benefit of new Forumites please be aware that sharing of referral links or codes is not permitted on this forum via public post or private message.
    Is this an admittance that admin regularly read the private messages of forum members? 

Just curious how that is policed if you dont have that capability.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback