Care costs

Tippydoodah Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 9 November 2023 at 9:36AM in Benefits & tax credits
A elderly gentleman and woman are living together just as companions, both receive home care however the gentleman has exceeded his allowance and now has to pay for his care, if I'm right the amount of savings allowed is about 23k, anyway I think I know the answer just need advice to pass on, is there anything he could do to protect his savings? ISA's gifts etc he has been saving along time and he is worried that it will all go until he is back under the threshold. Thanks.


Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards