Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Fire Risk Assessment

We are selling our little one bed flat and have been told that we need to do a Fire Risk Assessment. Our building is just a residential house that has been split into two units, we live on the ground floor and there are no shared areas of the building. We have completely separate entrances and outdoor spaces. I'd prefer to do the assessment ourselves as it's looking like a £300-400 cost for something that is really just a formality and ticking a legal box.

That being said I've found some templates online but they seem to be for office buildings or apartment buildings. Does anyone have any experience with doing this themselves for a small residential property? Does the assessment have to be done on the whole building or just our flat? Any advice on where to start would be much appreciated! 


Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards