Buying selling costs

Hi all. I’m trying to design a shares spreadsheet to track gains / losses and CGT as a result.

My question is about costs .. it’s clear what the buying and selling costs are in each transaction, but am I also allowed to offset a proportion of the monthly or annual platform / account costs as well?  If so, how would this be done if the total number of companies varied during any one fiscal year? How would I correctly apportion these costs per company / holding? 

Thanks, H

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,120
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Horracce said:

Hi all. I’m trying to design a shares spreadsheet to track gains / losses and CGT as a result.

My question is about costs .. it’s clear what the buying and selling costs are in each transaction, but am I also allowed to offset a proportion of the monthly or annual platform / account costs as well?  If so, how would this be done if the total number of companies varied during any one fiscal year? How would I correctly apportion these costs per company / holding? 

Thanks, H

No, you can only include direct costs in the transaction, usually just commission and stamp duty/FTT.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback