Adult Childcare credits

Currently looking after my Granddaughter whilst her mum is at work so i am eligible for credits towards my pension (I am retired and 3 years short of full amount so this will help)

I see you can only apply after 31st Oct every year and on the form CA9176 there is a start and finish date if it`s not a straight forward tax year 

I started looking after her from Sep 2022 when her mum went back to work so do i put start Sep 2022 and finish 31st Oct then next year put start date as 1st Nov 2023 and finish date of 31st Oct 2024 ? 

The form itself is straight forward enough it`s just the start and finish dates with it being ongoing 

Thanks   
Have a nice day :)

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,291
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Are you already in reciept of state pension?
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,573
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 26 October 2023 at 1:47PM
    As my understanding is that you fill in a separate form for each tax year, in my opinion I'd say that you put the start date as September 2022, and the end date as the end of the tax year for which you are claiming - so 5th April 2023. 

Then the following year you'd claim from 6th April 2023 until 5th April 2024, or until you stopped caring for the child , whichever is sooner.
  • Lincoln_Imp
    Lincoln_Imp Posts: 2,518
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Are you already in reciept of state pension?
    No not yet ..Another 5 years to go 
  • Lincoln_Imp
    Lincoln_Imp Posts: 2,518
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    As my understanding is that you fill in a separate form for each tax year, in my opinion I'd say that you put the start date as September 2022, and the end date as the end of the tax year for which you are claiming - so 5th April 2023. 

Then the following year you'd claim from 6th April 2023 until 5th April 2024, or until you stopped caring for the child , whichever is sooner.
    Thank you ..That makes sense thinking about it 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport