Club Lloyds Switch Application Rejected

Tried to switch my current account to Lloyds to take advantage of the £175, got to the end of the online application and was told i could not switch. No real explanation as to why. I've not held a Lloyds or Halifax account for about 10 years and pay in around £3,000 a month. Any ideas? Is it worth trying again another day?

Comments

• Is the bank account you’re trying to switch across to Lloyds definitely part of the CASS? Is the account you’re switching “live” and in credit (or at least not in debit/overdraft)
    Arch
  • It's a Nationwide Flex Direct account I am trying to switch across. Part of the CASS as far as I know (pretty sure I used it to switch to it originally). 

Account is in use and in credit (I don't even have an overdraft set up on it).
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Storm0505 said:
    Tried to switch my current account to Lloyds to take advantage of the £175, got to the end of the online application and was told i could not switch. No real explanation as to why. I've not held a Lloyds or Halifax account for about 10 years and pay in around £3,000 a month. Any ideas? Is it worth trying again another day?
    Was the application to open an account declined, or did you get as far as trying to switch into an account that's already up and running?
  • eskbanker said:
    Storm0505 said:
    Was the application to open an account declined, or did you get as far as trying to switch into an account that's already up and running?
    Opening the account itself was not successful 
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,619
    Forumite
    Storm0505 said:
    eskbanker said:
    Storm0505 said:
    Opening the account itself was not successful 
    Ok, so they've turned you down for an account? 

In which case you'll never have got to the switching process (which is entirely different) and your thread title is incorrect as you haven't even got to the switch application part? Before applying for a switch you need to have an account open to switch into.

Just trying to clarify.
  • That's not quite right. I was applying to open an account and as part of that process it asked if I was switching an existing current account to the new one, which if course I wished to do. So as part of the application process I was asked to input myexisting account details, choose preferred date of switch etc etc. 

So it's not 
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,619
    Forumite
    Storm0505 said:
    That's not quite right. I was applying to open an account and as part of that process it asked if I was switching an existing current account to the new one, which if course I wished to do. So as part of the application process I was asked to input myexisting account details, choose preferred date of switch etc etc. 

So it's not 
    ok, but the rejection was still not for the switch, it was a rejection for opening an account. 
  • Zanderman said:
    Storm0505 said:
    That's not quite right. I was applying to open an account and as part of that process it asked if I was switching an existing current account to the new one, which if course I wished to do. So as part of the application process I was asked to input myexisting account details, choose preferred date of switch etc etc. 

So it's not 
    ok, but the rejection was still not for the switch, it was a rejection for opening an account. 
    Seems that way yes. But still no sort of explanation as to why. 
  • Just tried again and successful this time. New account created and switch in progress. All's well that ends well. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback