NON-Independent FA

MouldyOldDough
MouldyOldDough Posts: 1,663
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 22 October 2023 at 8:58AM in Savings & investments

Deleted by myself 

Comments

• I think it would rather depend on the performance of any investments made as a result of your advisor's advice.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,739
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think it would rather depend on the performance of any investments made as a result of your advisor's advice.

Flat and have been for over 12 months
    12 months should be up.   However 18-24 months should be down but Dec 2021 to date has been volatile mostly on the defensive side of portfolios (gilts suffering their worst period in over 100 years - so gilts heavy portfolios have taken greater hits than those without - although most people have gilts in their portfolio)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh
    Forumite
    I have a mix of UK, US, Japanese, fixed interest, Equities - No Gilts !
    Fixed-interest securities could incorporate gilts.  However, all fixed-interest securities are down.  What is your equity to bonds ratio?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh
    Forumite
    edited 22 October 2023 at 6:03PM
    The Fixed Interest - United Kingdom will either be made up of Gilts and/or UK Corporate Bonds.    So, you probably hold gilts.  They are down circa 30% from peak.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback