UC Overpayment Due To Earnings Not Showing

Riverstone58
Riverstone58 Posts: 69
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 17 October 2023 at 12:04PM in Benefits & tax credits
Hi Everyone,
I was officially made redundant under TUPE on September 4th and the redundancy and PILON payments were paid in to my account on the 15th.
My UC assessment period runs from the16th to the 15th and the PILON earnings didn't show up on my September statement later that month. I thought no more of it as I thought the reporting might have been delayed and it would show on this months statement. Needless to say it hasn't.
I have emailed the payroll department of the TUPE employer asking them if they reported the PILON  earnings, and if so, when.
They don't appear to be the most competent outfit, although a friend and ex-colleague who was made redundant on the same date had her payment reported to UC.
I'd rather not raise this with UC at this moment in time until (hopefully) I have a clearer idea of what's going on. If the employer has screwed it up then hopefully they can sort it out with HMRC, or if they say they have reported it then what do I do next and is there anything to immediately worry about at this stage?

Comments

• Hi Everyone,
    I was officially made redundant under TUPE on September 4th and the redundancy and PILON payments were paid in to my account on the 15th.
    My UC assessment period runs from the16th to the 15th and the PILON earnings didn't show up on my September statement later that month. I thought no more of it as I thought the reporting might have been delayed and it would show on this months statement. Needless to say it hasn't.
    I have emailed the payroll department of the TUPE employer asking them if they reported the PILON  earnings, and if so, when.
    They don't appear to be the most competent outfit, although a friend and ex-colleague who was made redundant on the same date had her payment reported to UC.
    I'd rather not raise this with UC at this moment in time until (hopefully) I have a clearer idea of what's going on. If the employer has screwed it up then hopefully they can sort it out with HMRC, or if they say they have reported it then what do I do next and is there anything to immediately worry about at this stage?
    Does the payment show on your Personal Tax Account?
  • Riverstone58
    Riverstone58 Posts: 69
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 October 2023 at 6:10PM
    Thanks for the reply and they have since replied:
    "I can confirm that we sent through the PILO information to HMRC. There’s nothing on our side to suggest that they didn’t receive this information."
    I have since asked them when it was sent which I mistakenly thought I already had. This is now screwing everything up as I was expecting - and should have - received a nil payment. Not that I'm particularly bothered about Christmas but I can see this hanging over til then.

Edit: I forgot to mention I don't have a tax account due to having no suitable ID.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback