shawbrook isa - missing funds ??

Comments

• Just logged in and funds have now moved over to the new account and backdated to the expected date, not sure if my call this morning got this done faster but all is now well.
  • I'm confused as to why you think a regulated, established bank will have stolen your money or that it has suddenly gone bust without any warning or prior indication.

It sounds as though this is an IT glitch and has been rectified or is in the process of being rectified.
  • saudi
    saudi Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    THEY HAVE STILL LOST MY ISA - THEY REFUSE TO REPLY TO MY E MESSAGES - I AM UNABLE TO CALL THEM - THIS IS THE WORST BANK - NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVEER - THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU ARE LEFT PETRIFIED YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO GET IT BACK - HAVE ADVISED THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN TO CHECK IF SHAWBROOK ARE ACTUALLY BUST. LOOKING LIKE MY SAVINGS HAVE GONE
  • saudi said:
    THEY HAVE STILL LOST MY ISA - THEY REFUSE TO REPLY TO MY E MESSAGES - I AM UNABLE TO CALL THEM - THIS IS THE WORST BANK - NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVEER - THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU ARE LEFT PETRIFIED YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO GET IT BACK - HAVE ADVISED THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN TO CHECK IF SHAWBROOK ARE ACTUALLY BUST. LOOKING LIKE MY SAVINGS HAVE GONE
    You presumably sent Secure Messages yesterday when you noticed the IT glitch? It is highly probable that they will respond to you today.

I'm unclear why it is impossible to actually phone them.

Please stop making the wild assertion that Shawbrook is going/is bust. It is simply not true and is unhelpful.
  • HappyHarry
    HappyHarry Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    saudi said:
    Have you actually read any responses to your first post? 

Whilst the situation is undoubtedly frustrating, throwing baseless accusations around is unhelpful.

Contacting The Financial Ombudsman  at this stage will not move you any further forward. 

Just wait a couple of days for a response from Shawbrook, and you will find your money is safe albeit delayed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • saudi
    saudi Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO THINK ITS OKAY FOR A BANK TO WITHHOLD YOUR MONEY - you are all wrong or must be so wealthy it does not matter. There has been NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER from Shawbrook to advise customers of any IT issue - NONE - so i have every right to assume the worst given how the banks treat their customers in general. If there had been communication to customers i would not have an issue but until they have the decency to respond to messages i have every right to post my concerns.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You do indeed have the right to express your frustration that you don't currently have access to, or visibility of, your money, and their lack of contact/info, but to extrapolate from that to them having stolen it or going bust is just silly....
  • dali21
    dali21 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just logged in and funds have now moved over to the new account and backdated to the expected date, not sure if my call this morning got this done faster but all is now well.
    I telephoned Shawbrook this morning as my funds are still in the closed account. 

Was told they are aware of the technical glitch and it has happened to many accounts. 

They are working through them (presumably in date order) and my maturity funds should be available to view in my new account within two working days with the interest backdated to my maturity date.

• saudi said:
    TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO THINK ITS OKAY FOR A BANK TO WITHHOLD YOUR MONEY - you are all wrong or must be so wealthy it does not matter. There has been NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER from Shawbrook to advise customers of any IT issue - NONE - so i have every right to assume the worst given how the banks treat their customers in general. If there had been communication to customers i would not have an issue but until they have the decency to respond to messages i have every right to post my concerns.
    I fully appreciate that the current glitch is frustrating and concerning for you. Presumably you don't immediately need access to the money? I can appreciate that if you suddenly needed immediate access then this would be a big issue.

Other posters have indicated that Shawbrook is well aware of the problem when they've phoned them and that it'll be resolved as soon as possible.

I understand from your earlier posts that you are out of the country but I am unclear as to why this prohibits you from phoning Shawbrook; especially when it is clearly causing you extreme distress right now?
  • It is obvious that the posts on this thread do not show much sympathy for saudi as he throws around wild and baseless accusations about what is IMHO the best Savings Bank over the past couple of years----and remains solid and completely safe and thriving. I have a very large sum in several Shawbrook accounts and I couldn't be more happy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback