shawbrook isa - missing funds ??

have Shawbrook gone bust ? my isa has disappeared - it matured yesterday and has not been reinvested - the balance IS NIL -  THEY SEEM TO HAVE STOLEN MY MONEY >??
AMYONE ELSE WITH MISSING MONEY - Please help

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,835
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Calm down, no need to panic or to start throwing around accusations of theft!  Have you spoken to them yet?
  • saudi
    saudi Posts: 5
    First Post
    Forumite
    sent numerous messages  today and no reply - unable to call as overseas
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,647
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    it matured yesterday and has not been reinvested - the balance IS NIL -
    If it matured, then a nil balance is to be expected.

THEY SEEM TO HAVE STOLEN MY MONEY >??
    On what evidence are you making the bizarre allegation?

sent numerous messages  today and no reply - unable to call as overseas
    give it a chance.  You are being premature with your expectations.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Same here matured last week and funds have not rolled over to maturity account selected this was last week and new account still at nil balance.

i finally got through on the phone today as no messages have been replied to and spent over an hour yesterday calling.

anyway was told they know about this issue and around 300 accounts affected, told me no timeline to be fixed but hopefully by end of next week.

said interest will be backdated when sorted 
  • dali21
    dali21 Posts: 174
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I am in the same boat.  My ISA account matured yesterday and is visible in the closed accounts section.  The full balance is still in that account with the interest added.

The account where the funds are to be transferred has been opened and has a nil balance.

Thank you to Tillycat123 for reporting what Shawbrook have advised as you have saved me the phone call.

To the OP, Saudi, it might be worth checking the closed accounts section as your account may be listed there and hopefully will show the final balance.
  • These things happen to every company and individual who rely on computers. Shawbrook has built up enough excellency points with me for them to make a few mistakes with my accounts ---though they never have. And they have never even stolen money from me !
  • saudi
    saudi Posts: 5
    First Post
    Forumite
    If there was an IT issue they should post something on their website to advise worried customers where their money is. I suspect they are going bust hence not replying to messages or answering the phone. My funds are nowhere to be seen so i will be in touch with the FSA tomorrow to raise a claim. Disgusting way to treat investors by not responding to our messages 
  • SickGroove
    SickGroove Posts: 227
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 10 October 2023 at 5:33PM
    Please let us know when the Shawbrook issue is rectified...

I was just about to open the Virgin 1 year fixed ISA & request 40K of my £80K maturing Shawbrook funds get transferred on 20/10 as my Shawbrook ISA matures on 18/10 (maturing into their easy access ISA) so thought by specifying 20/10 on my Virgin application, I'd be ok...but think I'll wait or can I still open the Virgin 1 year fix without specifying a transfer date from Shawbrook?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback