New Car Insurance
How do I send this information?Simply reply to this email, including the information requested, as this will help us to complete this check the quickest. If there are documents, either take a picture using your phone, or scan them, before attaching to the email.
What information is needed?Please send us the following.
Proof of address.
This must be one of the following, dated within the past 2 months:
- Mortgage agreement / tenancy agreement (most recent annual statement)
- Council tax bill
- An NHS or HMRC letter or pay slip
- Utility bill
- Bank or building society statement
Please note we cannot accept: mobile phone bills, a tv license, invoices or insurance documents as proof of address
Photo driving licence for all drivers.
We need to see the front and back of the photo card for all drivers.
Driving licence check for all drivers.
We need to see the driving history for all drivers.
The easiest way to do this is:
- Visit the government website: www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk and click on "Start Now"
- Enter your driving licence number, National Insurance number and post code
- View the tab "Get a check code" and click on "Get a code"
- Email the code to us
Proof of your No Claims Bonus.
The renewal notice or letter from your last insurer confirming your No Claims Bonus or Discount.
- have had continuous insurance. (Unless you've registered your vehicle as off the road (Statutory Off Road Notification/SORN) or it's in the process of being transferred to a new keeper by the DVLA)
- be on the insurer's headed paper
- be in English and from a UK insurer
- show the No Claims Bonus or Discount in years (not a period of cover)
- show the date the policy ended or was due to be renewed (which must be less than 2 years ago); and
- the registration of the vehicle.
We will not accept: a certificate of insurance, a statement of fact or a new business schedule.
Vehicle proof of registration (V5) document.
Please send us a scan or pictures of the front page and page 1.
Got this from my new car insurer seems a lot of info they should have got elsewhere and want it sent via insecure e-mail.
Proof of address they should have got via an identity check, and do not want to e-mail a personal bank statement.
Photo & check driving licence unsure off, so like opinions.
Proof of NCB no issue
V5 I don't think I should be sending that as has the document ref number that states shouldn't be shared.
Would like advice of what I should and shouldn't send.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.3K Life & Family
- 246.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards