Small claims question / N180

1990xrider Forumite Posts: 87
10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 18 September at 10:19AM in Motoring
Hi there,

I'm taking Essex CC to court for pothole damage.
A couple days ago they filed their defence, and today i had an email from the CC Business Centre asking for completion of the N180, which I did.

However when i've gone onto the small claims portal, the latest update reads:


Essex County Council applied by post to change something about the claim

We’ll post you a copy of their application. This will explain what you need to do next.

Your online account won’t be updated - any further updates will be by post."

What kind of change could they make? Surely if it was something like discontinuance they would just email me the N279 and surely they wouldn't discontinue straight after filing their defence.

Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards