Deleted

13»

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Plenty of taxi's with that engine and 300k miles on the clock but the oil needs changing often.

Seems people still want pre-covid prices for cars..  Paid less for a 2013 car with the same engine in 2018.

What's it like on fuel depends on your journeys?  City work its going to be far worse than the 42 mentioned
    previously. Question is which DPF system does it use?  Valve timing or vaporizer in the exhaust?

How often will it regenerate?  That could make a massive difference to the MPG.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• SieIso
    SieIso Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I found the same vehicle today but with only 75k miles on the clock, priced at £3500. The vehicle looked perfect and when I drove it there wasn't a single rattle. The dealer advised he bought it with a damaged door that he replaced. Is there a way to check if the car has been declared a write off? 
  • SieIso
    I just found out that it's a category N write-off. 
  • Nobbie1967
    Nobbie1967 Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SieIso said:
    At that price level, I don’t think it’s much of a worry. Cat N means it was a non structural writeoff, so just a financial decision by the insurance company. Would check around the door that was replaced as there may have been other panels that have been repaired as well as the door replacement so worth a good look to make sure it’s been repaired to a decent standard, good even well matched paint job, no odd ripples or obvious filler used. Check under the sill for any damage not repaired etc. 
  • SieIso
    SieIso said:
    At that price level, I don’t think it’s much of a worry. Cat N means it was a non structural writeoff, so just a financial decision by the insurance company. Would check around the door that was replaced as there may have been other panels that have been repaired as well as the door replacement so worth a good look to make sure it’s been repaired to a decent standard, good even well matched paint job, no odd ripples or obvious filler used. Check under the sill for any damage not repaired etc. 
    The seller is bringing the car to my mechanic's garage, if everything checks out it will be a green light. 
  • jamesperrett
    jamesperrett Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I've had a couple of C-Max's with the 2 litre Duratorq engine. One went up to 200k miles before giving problems while the one that I have now is at 160k miles and still running fine.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback