Brooksdale Ltd ppi

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me, if this company can use your information to sell or use it by themselves, when I applied for ppi I changed my mind tried to cancel it but it went throw, three days ago HMRC sent me letter and sending a cheque to brooksdale it is not much £141 they took %48 so I did sent my license throw their website and now they know my National insurance number and name and address , I have never been so stupid, I sent because HMRC said to me they sent cheque to them, so I thought should be ok , I am not bother about money but can my detail be kept by them and used , I have not signed anything at least I am not aware off, and also all people answering phone seem not from uk , all Asian that is what scared me , any advice

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Their use of your data is governed by https://brooksdale.co.uk/privacy_policy and if they do anything that doesn't comply with that then you could report them to the Information Commissioner.

There are obviously plenty of different accents used by UK residents, so in itself someone's voice says nothing about where they are, and certainly doesn't signify something to be scared of....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback