We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ISA transfers

Options
Hi all,

Is it possible to do the following:
1. Open up 2 new cash ISAs by transferring previous tax years allowances into both?
2. Keep some of old allowance in the existing cash ISA so I have 3 with no new money in?
3. Can I keep transferring the old allowances into the 2 new accounts?

Basically I have an old cash ISA doing nothing but want to transfer to 2 new ISAs. Do I need to transfer all the money in one go? 

My thinking is that Vanguard don't do partial transfers into their S and S ISAs so, if I have a number of ISAs, I can do full transfers from each of these accounts when I am ready rather than all in one go.

Thanks. 

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,991 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If your current provider and the new ones all support partial transfers then yes, you can do that, but if the end game is to get all the money into a Vanguard S&S ISA then what constitutes your 'readiness' that necessitates the phasing?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,326 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    If your current provider and the new ones all support partial transfers then yes, you can do that, but if the end game is to get all the money into a Vanguard S&S ISA then what constitutes your 'readiness' that necessitates the phasing?
    More in Cash ISA than OP is comfortable investing in S&S in single lump sum? 
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,785 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vanguard offer a money market fund that may be simpler to use for drip-feeding into higher risk assets if that is the underlying thinking.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback