Civil Service & LGPS pensions - response times to early retirement request
Hi, does anyone have recent experience in applying for early retirement under the Civil Service or Local Government pension schemes?
I've recently applied for both in Apr 2024 but both are suggesting that it takes several months to even acknowledge the requests let alone start processing it. Does that sounds about right? Civil Service say they need at least 4 months to process even those applications that are at normal pension age.
I just want to make sure this doesn't fall down a black hole like so many other things I've attempted to sort over the past year and have ended up having to restart.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.5K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171K Life & Family
- 243.9K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards