Pension account not created

I have a pension account that hasn't been created 'fully' from a previous job.

I have requested whilst in that job what's going on it needs sorting. They claim its being sorted. I have also been calling the local government pension company up the last 4 months requesting my account to be opened and my log in details sent across.

Here we are 4 months to the day without anything finalised.

I was promised 3 months ago that my account was to be fast tracked and opened up. Many calls later I get told they have no account under my name, but when they do some digging my name is in their system.

I have payslips that clearly show my contributions but no other proof of any monies.

Is there any 3rd party, employee company like ACAS that can assist me in getting this sorted. It really shouldn't take long to create an account.

I have since left the company I was working for so it not like I can walk in and speak to HR in person to get this sorted.

Thanks to those who reply.

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Forumite Posts: 8,787
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jlemaitre said:
    I have a pension account that hasn't been created 'fully' from a previous job.

I have requested whilst in that job what's going on it needs sorting. They claim its being sorted. I have also been calling the local government pension company up the last 4 months requesting my account to be opened and my log in details sent across.

Here we are 4 months to the day without anything finalised.

I was promised 3 months ago that my account was to be fast tracked and opened up. Many calls later I get told they have no account under my name, but when they do some digging my name is in their system.

I have payslips that clearly show my contributions but no other proof of any monies.

Is there any 3rd party, employee company like ACAS that can assist me in getting this sorted. It really shouldn't take long to create an account.

I have since left the company I was working for so it not like I can walk in and speak to HR in person to get this sorted.

Thanks to those who reply.
    Yes: https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/pensions-and-retirement/pension-problems

Help is free and impartial.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • jlemaitre
    jlemaitre Forumite Posts: 299
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for that. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business