Valuing cash savings accounts for probate / IHT.
I'm valuing my late mother's estate, which will be liable for IHT.
Most of her wealth was spread around a dozen cash savings accounts, for which I have the online IDs and passwords.
My question: Do I need to contact each bank by letter to get an official valuation for probate, or can I use my online access?
My own values might be slightly out, but any IHT under/overpayment can be corrected later.
I expect I need official valuations for her more volative equity investments.
regards and thanks,
"The only good bet is a matched bet." - Warren Buffett. Probably.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards