Penetrating damp from external wall

Hello guys . 
My house has a penetrating damp coming from external wall . 
Will i be able to claim repair from my house insurance ? 
Thank you so much


  • Aretnap
    Aretnap Forumite Posts: 4,944
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Unlikely I'm afraid. Home insurance generally covers you for a list of unexpected one-off events which cause damage to your home - fires, floods, storm damage etc.  It doesn't generally cover wear and tear, routine maintenance or ongoing problems that happen over long periods of time (subsidence excepted).

    Unless it's caused by an insured event like a burst pipe or damage that you can tie to a particular storm, damp is not likely to be covered.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards