Older Neighbour Account has been hacked on Facebook

Trying to help an elderly non techie neighbour, unfortunately someone else set up the accounts for her a long time ago & she has no idea of the FB password or the password for her hotmail email account.
She has been hacked in her FB account, but can still use it herself, the hacker is constantly sending junk posts to all of her friends accounts on a regular basis. There also looks to be 2 other accounts not in her full name, but when clicked on take you to the original hacked account.
Am relatively certain that her email address is correct on FB, the email although parts of it are blocked out with ***** the few letters on her email on FB tie in with the email address she remembers & is permanently open in her Outlook/hotmail account.
She appears to be getting some emails successfully from other sources & Ive checked her junk mail to see if the FB code emails are turning up there, but unfortunately not! 
I’ve sent numerous requests for a new password email code, but none of them appear in her hotmail email account or her Junk mail.
I was wondering if the Hacker has changed the password for FB & also possibly for the hotmail account? 
I’ve tried reporting it but without a correct password for FB &/or Hotmail email or access to a new FB code via her email address, I’m just going round in circles because the new verification code emails are not being received into her Outlook/Hotmail Account.
She loves using FB, but isn’t tech savvy, so she responds to inappropriate scam stuff, & posts it on to her friends.
Id really like to help her out, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Comments

• km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,292 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    have you checked the hotmail block list to see if FB is in it ?
  • oliveoil54
    oliveoil54 Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Am seeing her soon, will check & report back. Thanks for the idea.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does she use her FB account from her browser? Does the browser have a list of passwords? If so, log into FB and change the pwd.

No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback