Barclaycard Platinum Application Via Experian CreditExpert

Hi there

I used Experian eligibility checker to see my approval chances for a balance transfer following a current offer (different card company) ending. The finder tool offered pre-approval for a Barclaycard Platinum card with a balance transfer offer of 30 months at 0% Apr, 2.9% transfer fee and a rate of 23.9 Apr after the 30 month promotional period. I have connected my main Bank Account to Experian and utilise the ‘credit rating boost’ feature.
Through the experian app/platform, I followed the link and applied for the card. This took me to the actual Barclaycard website. I completed a second, what I would describe as a soft search and I was told within the Barclaycard app that I was eligible for the same card, offered at the same rates (see previous). On completing the form, I was also told the credit limit for the card and registered for online access/services. On completing the application, I initially did not receive an email. However, this arrived 2-3 hours later, stating “Your application has been successful”, “Your credit limit is £12,100” and the 16 digit card number was display with 12 *s and the last four numbers in the email.
This email was received, on Tuesday last week. Since then, I have not heard anything from Barclaycard. I have checked their website, they say I should receive the Pin and Card with 3-5 working days. I can recall following a similar process almost 2 years ago with another card provider and the Pin arrived 2 days after the application and card followed 2 days later.

Is this a Barclaycard thing or have they changed their mind? I am keen to get the balances transferred across asap as I want to avoid interest.
Any insights would be welcomed.

Comments

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi there

I used Experian eligibility checker to see my approval chances for a balance transfer following a current offer (different card company) ending. The finder tool offered pre-approval for a Barclaycard Platinum card with a balance transfer offer of 30 months at 0% Apr, 2.9% transfer fee and a rate of 23.9 Apr after the 30 month promotional period. I have connected my main Bank Account to Experian and utilise the ‘credit rating boost’ feature.
    Through the experian app/platform, I followed the link and applied for the card. This took me to the actual Barclaycard website. I completed a second, what I would describe as a soft search and I was told within the Barclaycard app that I was eligible for the same card, offered at the same rates (see previous). On completing the form, I was also told the credit limit for the card and registered for online access/services. On completing the application, I initially did not receive an email. However, this arrived 2-3 hours later, stating “Your application has been successful”, “Your credit limit is £12,100” and the 16 digit card number was display with 12 *s and the last four numbers in the email.
    This email was received, on Tuesday last week. Since then, I have not heard anything from Barclaycard. I have checked their website, they say I should receive the Pin and Card with 3-5 working days. I can recall following a similar process almost 2 years ago with another card provider and the Pin arrived 2 days after the application and card followed 2 days later.

Is this a Barclaycard thing or have they changed their mind? I am keen to get the balances transferred across asap as I want to avoid interest.
    Any insights would be welcomed.

I wouldn't worry at this stage. It's been a week, and a weekend has been in between. You've got the email showing approval - I'd hang on until two weeks had passed since application before contacting them for an update.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Ok- Thank you.
  • MrFrugalFever
    MrFrugalFever Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Given the state the Royal Mail is in, it’s not really a surprise that things are taking a bit longer. They do say between 7-10 working days.
    give it a bit of time.
    Save £5k in 2024 challenge #32
    Saved Total = £1,560.26 / £5,000

Secured/Unsecured loans x 0
    Credit Cards x 6 (total limit £24,250)
    Creation FS Retail Account x 1
    0% Overdraft x 1 (£250)
    Mortgage x £140,250
    Debt = £549.00 (0%APR due 22nd July 2024)

Charity fundraising goal for 2024 = £1,000 for animal rehoming / dog fostering etc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback