IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC/DCBL

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Doesn't matter because you were driving. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jalex59
    Jalex59 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    just a quick update, DCBL left it late with their response to my defence, stating the usual! I'm still awaiting DQ, from the courts, its been just over two weeks, is this the norm? As they acknowledged defence within a week! 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Jalex59 said:
    just a quick update, DCBL left it late with their response to my defence, stating the usual! I'm still awaiting DQ, from the courts, its been just over two weeks, is this the norm? As they acknowledged defence within a week! 
    Perfectly normal.

The CCBC sent you a letter, or will send you a letter, saying the Claimant has twenty eight days to consider your Defence.

What you don't know is when the CCBC sent a copy of your Defence to the Claimant. It follows from that that it is not known when the Claimant has to respond to the CCBC.

Further, we don't know what delays there are in the CCBC that means they don't send you a Directions Questionnaire as promptly as you might like.

And this recent thread indicates that longer delays are likely... CCBC are currently 26 days behind with DQs

Can I suggest that you keep checking your MCOL Claim History and as soon as you see that the CCBC has sent a DQ to you, you are ready to download a DQ, complete it and fire it back at the CCBC, remembering to send a copy to the Claimant of course?
  • Jalex59
    Jalex59 said:
    KeithP said:
    Jalex59 said:
    Perfectly normal.

The CCBC sent you a letter, or will send you a letter, saying the Claimant has twenty eight days to consider your Defence.

What you don't know is when the CCBC sent a copy of your Defence to the Claimant. It follows from that that it is not known when the Claimant has to respond to the CCBC.

Further, we don't know what delays there are in the CCBC that means they don't send you a Directions Questionnaire as promptly as you might like.

And this recent thread indicates that longer delays are likely... CCBC are currently 26 days behind with DQs

Can I suggest that you keep checking your MCOL Claim History and as soon as you see that the CCBC has sent a DQ to you, you are ready to download a DQ, complete it and fire it back at the CCBC, remembering to send a copy to the Claimant of course?

Hi All - sent the N180 to CCBC via e-mail on Friday, which has been acknowledged but noticed on my own copy, that the signature I added was excluded but re-appeared on downloading, not being in the least bit technical, does this seem correct?
    Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Jalex59 said:
    Jalex59 said:
    KeithP said:
    Jalex59 said:
    Perfectly normal.

Hi All - sent the N180 to CCBC via e-mail on Friday, which has been acknowledged but noticed on my own copy, that the signature I added was excluded but re-appeared on downloading, not being in the least bit technical, does this seem correct?
    Thanks
    Have you copied the N180 to DCB Legal?  If not, you must. I wouldn't worry about the signature if it has now reappeared, I guess it's just an electronic signature?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Jalex59
    Just about to, just wanted to check this point 1st. Will send 1st thing.
    Thanks
  • Jalex59
    Hi All,
    I've had my hearing date sent through and have received the usual numerous phone calls and letter from DCBL regarding settlement before going to court! Without prejudice, of course!
    I did originally advise the court of dates that I couldn't attend in 2023, thinking that it would be heard in the New Year!
    They have set a date for April 2024 and I will not be in the country. Is it possible to contact the court at this stage to have the date changed?
    Thanks in advance
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 20 December 2023 at 10:32PM
    No don't even try.

Act as if you can attend, keep schtum and file & serve your WS bundle as the hearing Order requires (see NEWBIES thread).

DCB Legal will discontinue.
  • Coupon-mad
    Jalex59 said:
    All-
    thanks to the forum and all those that gave ongoing advice, I have today received via e-mail the N279 discontinuance, without submitting my defence.
    Please update the number count and keep up the good work!
    Yay - yet another DCB Legal discontinuance.

WELL DONE. That's a win!

ANOTHER UKPC ONE BITES THE DUST!

I have added you to the 'disco' thread. 

:D 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback