We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Court enforcement daily interest

Options
Hope this is the right place to post , I ended up with a huge bill with npower due to them not issuing me a bill for over a year ( no joke we had to go to the ombudsman to get this sorted ), I was given a whopping bill I couldn't afford and so it went to court, I am paying monthly and have been for over two years now to clear this debt , I was told that there was 8% interest attached to this debt  even though it went through the welfare team as being disabled and on benefits , today I enquired to see how much was left outstanding and I have paid £1025 and initial debt was £1747, but interest on this statement is of £230 and a £90 cost to the court enforcement company , when h called them today to see how I could get rid of the interest as my monthly payments are literally covering the interest in told it is daily interest of 8%!!! Is there nothing I can do ?

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport