EXTENDED: You've got another week to add your travel & holiday deals questions for expert MSE Oli as part of the latest Ask An Expert event.

is this a case for the small claims court

in Consumer rights
31 replies 995 views


  • DullGreyGuyDullGreyGuy Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    DullGreyGuy said:You can issue proceedings for 10p but the judge can rule its a vexatious case so not award fees 
    I think the taking to court is more to do with "I have not heard back from them and they haven't returned my watch."

    So looking at the cost of the watch, not the repair.
    Its not clear they've refused to return the watch, more that the OP didnt want them to return it unrepaired.

    If the claim is simply about having the watch returned then the OP can only claim their actual loss which is a secondhand watch with a faulty strap. Given the original retail price was £120 the secondhand/faulty value is going to be very low.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum