UK CGT question

I am a British national who lives in Bangkok, Thailand. I pay income tax to HMRC on the rental income from my UK property. 
I trade CFD's on a trading platform ( that is registered in the Bahamas. 
Since any gains are made outside of the UK do I have to pay any CGT from any gains made trading CFD's? 


  • Jeremy535897
    Jeremy535897 Posts: 10,371
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you are a resident of Thailand and not a resident of the UK for tax purposes, then no. There can be charges if you sell while non-UK resident temporarily and return to the UK.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards