IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Wrong address on V5C no fines received, now gone to debt recovery

Just got a letter from debt recovery plus and they've traced me for a parking offence (creditor is UKPC if that helps?).
I haven't received any fines (I'm sure they're sent to my old address) because I didn't realise I had to update V5C when I moved (new driver I thought licence address was what they needed, silly I know, I've updated it now).

I don't mind paying but it's gone all the way up to £170, is there any way I could get them to go back to the original fine amount or anything else I should be aware of?



  • edited 18 February at 1:25PM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 February at 1:25PM
    Ignore DRP completely (read the NEWBIES FAQ Announcement, fourth post). Come back if you receive a court claim (read the NEWBIES FAQ Announcement, second post, if you do). 
    I haven't received any fines
    We know, and you still haven't. A private parking firm cannot fine you. It's not an offence either - what are they accusing you of?
    Have you complained to the landowner?  They can cancel this. What kind of car park was it - retail park, hotel, supermarket .....?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    115.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    You do mind paying!  NO PAYING.

    People win in court v UKPC and pay nothing.  
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    56.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I hope you have now updated your details with the DVLA.

    You should also send a rectification notice to the DPO of UKPC instructing them to erase your old data and replace it with your current address for service.

    Make sure you use the word I have highlighted. You will also need to include non-photo proof of ID with your notice.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin and MSE campaign win

April's 20% energy price guarantee hike postponed

MSE News

Childcare budget boost

More support for children from nine months and those on Universal Credit

MSE News

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools