IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

ParkingEye getting savvy?

We have appealed to POPLA on the perfectly sound basis that the signage in the Lidl Crowborough car park is such that it is wholly insufficient to be a legal basis for a contract to have been entered in to.

PE have submitted their evidence, which totals 46 pages! :) Im comfortable in my position, but if anyone wants to see it, let me know!

Replies

• fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    PPC's will never admit their signage is inadequate why would they?
    I suspect their answer to that will be something like it has been audited by the BPA or that it conforms to BPA Code of Practice. It's up to you to evidence it isn't up to the requirements.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

'Getting'?  They've been the most savvy of all private parking companies for years. Well ahead of the game. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • patient_dreampatient_dream Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We have appealed to POPLA on the perfectly sound basis that the signage in the Lidl Crowborough car park is such that it is wholly insufficient to be a legal basis for a contract to have been entered in to.

PE have submitted their evidence, which totals 46 pages! :) Im comfortable in my position, but if anyone wants to see it, let me know!

POPLA and PE are mates but that will be short lived now as government will introduce the new independent appeals service which we assume will operate like the Traffic Penalty Tribunal 

The TPT is a very fair service working on facts so PE could send in 100 pages but their signs will be their downfall 

PE SHOULD NOW GET BUSY BUSY updating their signs throughout their Nationwide operation

POPLA as we know it, will be put out to grass
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    116.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Umkomaas said:

'Getting'?  They've been the most savvy of all private parking companies for years. Well ahead of the game. 
    Yep, not a stupid firm and they always send between 30 and 60 pages of prolix to POPLA.  And they usually win.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD