Inheritence Tax Question

My mother has had to move in with me temporarily bue to mobility problems, but it might become permanent. If she sells her house because she was no longer able to live there, would she lose the ability to claim hers and her late husbands main residence allowance, £175k each, as the money would all now be in cash? House value is approximately £850k


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools