IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Notice to Keeper for Parking In Area For Emergency Vehicles Only.

I received an NtK from UKCPS on December 22 and my appeal was based on the following ground, but unfortunately was rejected:- 

The sign at the entrance to the car park is positioned on a pole on the passenger side of a standard right-hand drive vehicle. This makes the sign difficult for a driver to see from inside the car, regardless of which side of the road the entrance of the car park is approached from. It is difficult to view this sign from the road without impeding the flow of traffic, and there is nowhere else to stop to read it when entering the car park, that means that the driver would literally have to park temporarily in the middle of the road, thus becoming a safety hazard for both motorist and pedestrians.

The BPA Code of Practice Appendix B sets out strict requirements for entrance signage. It states that “the sign should be placed so that it is readable by drivers without their needing to look away from the road ahead” and “there must be enough colour contrast between the text and its background, each of which should be a single solid colour. The best way to achieve this is to have black text on a white background or white text on a black background”. Based on these two points, I believe that the signage in this car park does not comply with the BPA Code of Practice.

During my visit to the said location as a registered keeper of the vehicle, and from my observation, there is insufficient signage for parking restrictions in place.

And also since visiting the site and researching the rules, I now understand why the signage was not clear to the driver at the time of their visit, and that it was there purely to make money by catching motorists out, because :

-There is not enough clear signage and road marking/dedicated bays for Emergency Vehicles parking on that side of the road stating there's a restriction in force.

-There are also no sufficient additional signs placed around the area stating there's a restriction in force.

-The letters on the signage do not meet the minimum requirements necessary for adequate driver information.

-There is no other information elsewhere that CCTV/ANPR camera systems are in operation and more importantly, it is not clearly advertised on the signage.

I have 20 days to appeal to Independent Appeal Service, help, please.

Replies

• edited 27 January at 12:15AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    116.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 January at 12:15AM
    Which PPC?

Where was this (a hospital... which one?). 

What makes you want to try the kangaroo court of the IAS, despite what you'll have read in the 3rd post of the NEWBIES thread?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DecencyDecency Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    It's not in a hospital compound but in New Car Dealers village for Vauxhall, Hyundai,Mazda, Stoneacres, and Nissan Garages.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    116.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    And the other two questions I asked?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 28 January at 9:46AM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 28 January at 9:46AM
    I believe that the signage in this car park does not comply with the BPA Code of Practice.
    UKCPS signage doesn't have to comply with the BPA Code of Practice, they are not members of the BPA Approved Operator Scheme. Check out the IPC AOS Code of Practice. 

The IAS is seen as a kangaroo court where you have little to no prospect of success. UKCPS can be ignored unless they file a court claim against you. They haven't filed any court claim for a good few years. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.