FIDELITY - Managing your child's investments.

B0bbyEwingB0bbyEwing Forumite
729 Posts
500 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
So my sister wanted a hand setting up for her child a SIPP with Fidelity so I was there for the sign up process.

Signed up & then got to the page where you can put money in. Click this button.

Did that & it wanted to log her out of the current session. Figured it was procedure so clicked it.

Seemingly not procedure because the next page was not a paying any money in page at all. Also at no point were any username/password created so I thought ok as it's for her child then perhaps it'll be through my sisters account but maybe an extra page or something.

So (apparently) it's been created but no sign in details were made/given & now the account can't be accessed.

Yep she could contact Fidelity and ask but I figured she probably wouldn't get anywhere on a Sunday afternoon so for the sake of facing some "ask Fidelity" responses, I'm chancing here to see if anyone can say what they did that must've worked?

Replies

• AltiorAltior Forumite
    189 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Is there anything in the email inbox for the account that was used to create the Fidelity account with? Perhaps check the spam box as well. I recently created a new Fidelity account, and if I recall correctly I received an email link to register for online access.  
  • edited 22 January at 7:02PM
    B0bbyEwingB0bbyEwing Forumite
    729 Posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 22 January at 7:02PM
    Altior said:
    Is there anything in the email inbox for the account that was used to create the Fidelity account with? Perhaps check the spam box as well. I recently created a new Fidelity account, and if I recall correctly I received an email link to register for online access.  
    Thanks. I'll tell her to check. I think she's going to try contacting them if they have some kind of Secure Messaging service too. Just wondered if I could help speed up the process.

Update - It must've just needed 24hrs or something child's account is showing within mother's account now.