Enforcing an unpaid court order

edited 12 January at 11:44AM in Consumer rights
missdigitalmediamissdigitalmedia Forumite
1 Post
edited 12 January at 11:44AM in Consumer rights
I bought a car a year ago which turned out to be faulty and after a dispute, the court has ruled a payment, The date has now expired for payment and have been given some options to pursue the money. These are - issue of a warrant of control by the CC, or employ a high court enforcement officer (more expensive but potentially affordable).

As the total claim amount is £5,758.69 I am unclear as to whether I can or can not issue a Warrant of Control as it is over £5000. Could I request £5000 with the rest owing? Or should I be completing form N293A to apply at the High Court 

Do not have any more knowledge of either path other than a google and the descriptions given by the CC.

Would one of these steps have benefits and do they guarantee return? - Or would there be any other options to enforce? Such as a  'Charging order' or freezing money or assets in account with a 'third party debt order'

I'm rather confused about all of this any advice is gratefully received. 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users...

...to pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools