virgin savings / current account

olb1olb1 Forumite
475 Posts
100 Posts Second Anniversary
Forumite
hi does anyone know if virgin is now app only? or is it just the credit card?
many thanks 

Replies

• ForumUser7ForumUser7 Forumite
    498 Posts
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They do still offer a savings/current account online platform - uk.virginmoney.com -> Sign in and then select what you need from there. Hopefully that works 
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    olb1 said:
    hi does anyone know if virgin is now app only? or is it just the credit card?
    many thanks 
    The credit card is app only.

The current account and some savings accounts are both app and online.

There is also a third online only website for some of the savings accounts.
  • QyburnQyburn Forumite
    538 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Virgin seems to have several different and separate online systems which is a bit of a faff as you have to choose login depending on what your sort code starts with.  Essentially I think the current account, and the new 3% ISA are all on the platform they inherited from Clydesdale. So counter-intuitively to get to the ISA you login in based on your current account details.
    However if you log into the correct place it's a fully functional web-based Internet banking system. My missus doesn't use the app at all for her account.
  • olb1olb1 Forumite
    475 Posts
    Forumite
    thats good, i used to have a mortgage where i logged into virginmoney online. 
    so to set up a current account with savings could be easier than a new one with someone else. 
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Forumite
    olb1 said:
    thats good, i used to have a mortgage where i logged into virginmoney online. 
    so to set up a current account with savings could be easier than a new one with someone else. 
    If you have any spare cash and ISA allowance, Virgin Money have an easy access flexible ISA paying 3.00% per annum, only for current account holders.
  • olb1olb1 Forumite
    475 Posts
    Forumite
    thats the best rate ive seen for easy access, worth opening just for that. do we still get 20k allowance per tax year?
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Forumite
    olb1 said:
    thats the best rate ive seen for easy access, worth opening just for that. do we still get 20k allowance per tax year?
    Yes, it's a standard ISA with £20k per tax year, and flexible. I have been moving money in and out for several months now without affecting the £20k allowance.
  • olb1olb1 Forumite
    475 Posts
    Forumite
    ideal for an emergency cash store then ?! 

• edited 10 January at 1:15PM
    RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 10 January at 1:15PM
    olb1 said:

Depends how much you feel you need for emergencies. I use mine for everyday savings although in practice I deposit and withdraw 5 or 6 times per month.

My emergency cash is in the aptly named Barclays Rainy Day Saver paying 5.00% for up to £5,000.00, with a further backup in Premium Bonds,
  • QyburnQyburn Forumite
    538 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    olb1 said:

Yes, because it's a flexible ISA meaning you can withdraw and pay back in within the same tax year without affecting the annual allowance.