LISA / Savings Grandchildren query

edited 3 January at 9:51PM in Savings & investments
1 reply 75 views
eric4395eric4395 Forumite
78 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 3 January at 9:51PM in Savings & investments
Wife and i in the fortunate position of  being retired in our late 60's and having quite a fair bit of savings most in fixed rate, isas and shares, i also have a works pension in income drawdown of approx  £500, 000 which i havent touched or even took my 25% tax free( Was almost £600000 18 months ago :')( .(Still not sure best way to use that ) Mortgage paid years ago we are not huge spenders and happy to go a few holidays a year.   We have gave both our son and daughter lump sums recently to help them. Our grandchildren are 20,  16,  and 6 years old. Looking to help them now. Thinking of starting a Lisa for the 20 year old and putting in the maximum £4000 every year for the next few years to help him get a deposit at least for a house . Will do the same for the 16 year old when he is 18. Regarding the 6 year old maybe a lump sum  £15000 to £20,000 but where would anyone suggest for that and my  best options. Maybe anything else i havent thought about. Thanks for any help and suggestions  in advance.

Replies