Amazon Prime and delivery

AquaparaAquapara Forumite
19 Posts
10 Posts Second Anniversary
Forumite
Merry Christmas everyone, my friend has had her Amazon Prime subscription paused because they have her old card details and they wouldn’t let her transfer the Prime membership resume with her new card although they let her buy things but she has paid a fortune on deliveries and any benefits of Prime and they wouldn’t let her sort out the membership over the mobile:.. does anyone know if she could be entitled to a refund if we rang them again and sorted it because I don’t want to waste my time doing it for her as she has mental health difficulties and I try and help as much as I can. Thankyou

Replies

• Aylesbury_DuckAylesbury_Duck Forumite
    12.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Aquapara said:
    Merry Christmas everyone, my friend has had her Amazon Prime subscription paused because they have her old card details and they wouldn’t let her transfer the Prime membership resume with her new card although they let her buy things but she has paid a fortune on deliveries and any benefits of Prime and they wouldn’t let her sort out the membership over the mobile:.. does anyone know if she could be entitled to a refund if we rang them again and sorted it because I don’t want to waste my time doing it for her as she has mental health difficulties and I try and help as much as I can. Thankyou
    It would be down to goodwill.  Their argument would be that it was her choice to continue to buy from them whilst the Prime membership was paused.  No harm in asking, but she has no right to a refund for those charges.
  • born_againborn_again Forumite
    10K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    All you need to do is enter new card details &  it transfers over. 
    Life in the slow lane
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    All you need to do is enter new card details &  it transfers over. 

Yes, I had to do this earlier in the year.   My card changed from Visa to Mastercard, no problem doing it.
  • AquaparaAquapara Forumite
    19 Posts
    Forumite
    Yes she tried transferring it but for some reason they wouldn’t do it over the phone, I’m confused myself 😂 
  • born_againborn_again Forumite
    10K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Aquapara said:
    Yes she tried transferring it but for some reason they wouldn’t do it over the phone, I’m confused myself 😂 
    Why do it over phone, you can do it online or in app.
    Life in the slow lane
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If she is willing to allow you access to her account then you simply have to enter the new card details in for her.
    This makes no sense as to why she is trying to do this by phone.
    If she is ordering things online then she is able to enter her card details online, just go to 'My Account' and update the payment method.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Did she not get an email advising her the subscription was becoming due but the card was out of date.

I received such an email about a month before my renewal date , when my card had  gone out of date.

All I had to do was put in the details for my card.
  • AquaparaAquapara Forumite
    19 Posts
    Forumite
    Yes I myself have had no problems with it and I find it odd, she isn’t very good at explaining things sometimes!